Sunday, July 27, 2008

All Hail GPS Systems

Day two is almost over and I have decided to write my first blog about the GPS System. It is a good thing that we have one.

Ms. Edwards has no sense of direction. Without Ms. Woods GPS system she would have gotten lost more times then I can count. Now I am not saying that Ms. Edwards hasn't made some wrong turns even with the system. The system has corrected her a few times.

I decided to do a little research on GPS systems and share it with you.

"The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a satellite-based navigation system made up of a network of 24 satellites placed into orbit by the U.S. Department of Defense. GPS was originally intended for military applications, but in the 1980s, the government made the system available for civilian use. GPS works in any weather conditions, anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day. " (http://www8.garmin.com/aboutGPS/)

I think that Ms. Edwards needs to invest in one of these for herself. :)

ooo
(__)

No comments: