Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weekend Travels

This past weekend Ms. E and I had the opportunity to visit three different locations in New Hampshire.

Our first stop was at Brewster Academy located in Wolfoboro NH. The school is right on next to Lake Winnipesaukee. We went there and spent the night visiting with Ms. Wood. She is teaching there for the summer. I was interested to look up some information about the school. Here is what I discovered:
1. Independent boarding school with around 300-400 students.
2. Mascot is the Bobcats
3. Colors are Blue, Maroon, and White
4. The school was started by the community in 1820.
5. The school was originally called Wolfeborough and Tuftonborough Academy.

I got to spend the night in one of the dorm rooms, eat cafeteria food, and go swimming in the lake. I also got the chance to hang out with my good friend Kennedy. Below you will find some pictures of Kennedy and myself down by the water.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


After spending the night at Brewster we went shopping in North Conway. Ms. E and Ms. Wood played a round of mini-golf. I think Ms. Wood was lucky that they didn't keep score. Kennedy and I were not able to play due to the fact that they did not have clubs small enough for us. We did pose for a few pictures though.





+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ms. Edwards and I left North Conway and headed across the Kancamagus Highway to head to her family camping trip at the KOA in Woodstock NH. We stopped so that we could enjoy the view and take a few pictures. Below are the results. When we returned home I looked up information about the highway. Here are some interesting facts:

1. 34.5 miles in length.
2. Runs east and west through the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
3. The highway was opened in 1959 and runs from Pemigewasset River in Lincoln to NH Route
16 in Albany.
4. It is named after the leader of the Panacook Confederacy.












++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ms. Edwards and I ended up spending two nights at a camp ground in Woodstock NH. We went there to spend some time with her family. They have a reunion every two years called the Broken Paddle Club. There is even a paddle that the family passes around. There is some story to go with that paddle. Below are pictures of me at the camp ground.








============================================

Well there ends the adventures I had this weekend. Ms. Edwards and I are currently getting ready to go and spend three weeks traveling around Virginia and Gettysburg PA.

000
(__)

No comments: